Let’s focus on some of the interesting facts on Philippines as to why tiny amazing destination makes it so interesting amongst travelers.
- In 1945, especially after the World War 2, Philippines as a country in the entire South Asia gained independence. It is the first country in the entire South Asia region.
- In the year 2002, Marikina City of Philippines was the first city to witness the creation of the world’s biggest pair of shoes ranging at 7.9feet to be precise.
- The name ‘Philippines’ came into existence after Spain’s King Philip II.
- Manila in Philippines holds the record for the most number of women breastfeeding for about 3541 babies. This record was set on May 4th, 2006.
- Peanut, Bogie, Girlie, Bong, Bing and Bumbum are some of the names in Philippines of Christians.
- The ancient yo-yo toy was used as a hunting weapon in Philippines. Yo-yo is a Filipino word which means ‘come back’.
- In the year 1611 in Manilla, Philippines, Dominican monks found the University of Santo Tomas. This university holds the record of world’s largest population of Catholic’s.
- Around 13 million jellyfish species are found in the Jellyfish lake of Philippines.
- The number of giant species of clams found in the world is 8 where 7 of them are found in Philippines.
- The Mouse-deer is the world’s smallest hoofed animal found in Philippines. Pilandok is what the locals refer to this animal which stands as tall as around 40cm.
With these interesting facts on Philippines, make sure you get the best travel and tours Philippines package for you and your loved ones.