Asbestos is known to cause harmful diseases when coming in contact on an individual. The first you must do if you feel if you’ve come in contact with asbestos is to consult a doctor asap. Let’s focus on some of the basic facts on exposure to asbestos.
- On inhaling asbestos, most of the asbestos material does come out. However, a few of the material gets left behind getting accumulated on the lungs. This is when things start to become a problem as early symptoms are not revealed. After a few years, symptoms such as breathing difficulty, chest pains, etc, start to show.
- After being exposed to asbestos for a longer duration, asbestos can lead to life-threatening diseases in an individual.
- There is no safety to an individual once exposed to asbestos whether in large or small amounts stated by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- An individual is still in danger from asbestos related diseases even after taking treatments.
- In the United States of America, around 3000 people are faced with issues related to asbestos material. And the numbers keep adding up every year.
- The symptoms of asbestos start to appear in an individual after the age of 30. Before that, it is hard to determine the symptoms.
- A regular smoker is bound to get lung cancer after being exposed to asbestos.
These are some of the basic facts about asbestos once an individual is exposed to. Make sure to consider getting asbestos removal in Newcastle as early as possible from a professional.